Notarization, Certification, Commissioning

$15.00 + hst

Where one parent travels outside the country with children, the consent of the other parent is required - this is done through a travel consent form.

  • A travel consent form must be signed before a notary by the parent who is NOT traveling

  • All airlines are required by law to see a valid travel consent form before allowing the children to board.

  • The only exception is where the parties are separated or divorced and one parent has SOLE custody.  Sole custody must be legally valid by a court order or a valid separation agreement. Ensure the airlines is informed ahead of time and provide a copy of the court order to separation agreement in advance, if necessary.

  • It is always a good idea to have your separation agreement registered with the courts.


Review our "Must do List" before arriving.

Travel Consent

Copyright © Amini Law Firm. All rights reserved.

No Attorney-Client Relationship Created by Use of this Website. Neither your receipt of information from this website, nor your use of this website to contact Amini Law Firm (hereinafter “the Firm”) or one of its lawyers creates an attorney-client relationship between you and the Firm. No Confidentiality. You may not use this website to provide confidential information about a legal matter of yours to the Firm. Your use of this website does not make you a client of the firm or even a prospective client of the Firm.  No Legal Advice Intended. This website includes general information about legal issues and developments in the law. Such materials are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials are not intended, and must not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You need to contact a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction for advice on specific legal issues problems.